The services of Civil Defence is voluntary. Well educated citizens, social workers, professionals like Doctors, Nurses, Lawyers, Businessmen, Engineers, Teachers, etc., who are willing to do voluntary social service, are enlisted in Civil Defence Corps for manning various services of the organization. The normal tenure for them is three-years. Central and State Government employees can also become members of the Civil Defence Corps. NCC cadets and school students are also given Civil Defence training.
A person who intends to apply for appointment to the Civil Defence Corps must fulfil the following conditions.
- He/She should be a citizen of India or a subject of Bhutan or Nepal and a resident of Delhi.
- He/She should have completed the age of 18 years.
- He/She should have passed atleast primary education.
- Both Men and Women are eligible for appointment to the Corps.
- A person shall not be entitled to be appointed to the Corps, unless, he is found physically fit and mentally alert.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS :-
- Aadhaar Card.
- Pan Card.
- Bank Account.
- Police Verification.
- NOC from employer, if employed.
- Proof of education, residence and age.
Members of the following forces or services are not ordinarily eligible for enrolment in Civil Defence Corps:-
- Armed Forces of the union.
- Police Force.
- Fire Service.
- Territorial Army or Auxiliary Forces of any of the defence services.
- Civilian personnel employed in connection with the armed forces of the union and essential services.
Enrollment is done online through e-district portal of Govt of NCT,Delhi through Laptop or Desktop computer.
Membership and Incentives
- A member of the Corps shall ordinarily serve in a voluntary capacity for a period three of years which maybe extended for a further period of three year as per rules & instructions issued from time to time.
- A person when enrolled is issued a membership certificate. He/She shall have to undergo Civil Defence Basic Training for a period of 5 regular days. On successful completion of the Basic Training, the member is issued with basic training certificate and Identity Card duly signed by the Competent Authority. The members are entitled to get out of pocket allowances for attending training and call-out as per rules.