1. What is registrarion ?
- Registration means the registration of documents registration is made under the provisions of the Registration Act, 1908.
2. Documents Types
- Stamp duty and transfer duty @ 4% if the vendee is a woman and @ 6% if the vendee is a man.
- Registration fee is 1% of the total value of Sale Deed + Rs. 100/- pasting charge.
- Both vendor and vendee to be present alongwith identification douments i.e. Pass Port, Epic Card, Driving License and Pan Card etc. at the time of presentation.
- Two witnesses alongwith identification documents need to be present during presentation of documents.
- No stamp duty is required for registration of will.
- Registration Fee is Rs.600/-.
- The Testator alongwith two witnesses need to be present during presentation.
- Conveyance Deeds.
- For conversion of lease hold property into free hold property, duty @ 6% in case of men and 4 % in case of women has to be paid through Collector of Stamps/SDM.
- Registration fee is 1% of the total value of Conveyance Deed + Rs. 100/- pasting charge has to be deposited at Sub-Registrar office at the time of registration.
- The property being gifted has to be valued by an approved valuer.
- Stamp duty and transfer duty @ 4% if the donee is a woman and @ 6% if the donee is a man. Registration fee is 1% of the total value+Rs.100/- pasting charges.
- Stamp duty @ of Re.1/- for every one thousand rupees or part thereof of the value of shares has to be paid at the office of Collector of Stamps/SDM.
- Note : Registration fee more than Rs.500/- will be accepted by demand draft/pay order.
Where to apply ?
- You have to apply to the SR Office of the concerned district. Find your district.
What is the response time ?
- Normally within 15 days.